Domestic Violence Offender Program Standards
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-16 for 2 DV Offender CE Hours. This will appear on your CE Certificate.
IAODAPCA CE Credit for Counselor II, CARS II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CRSS I or II, CPRS I or II, MAATP II, CFPP II, CVSS II
Oklahoma Board of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors: Approved for 2 hours in the Mental Health Category
CEU Course Description
Domestic violence, as a learned behavior, is supported by a system of beliefs and attitudes and requires a variety of approaches to prevent, reduce, and eliminate it. This CEU course provides standards that are designed to address the patterns and dynamics of male to female violence, control, and abuse. These standards are intended to serve as a framework for program providers to develop and deliver domestic violence services.
Article Author: Karen Jarmoc, M.A., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the primary goal of the domestic violence offender program, which takes priority over other intervention objectives.
2. Enumerate the areas that, at a minimum, should be included in the domestic violence offender program and addressed by the facilitators.
3. Investigate which program methods are strictly prohibited.
4. Examine under what circumstances a program may deny or limit a participant’s access to their record.
5. Describe the requirements that staff working directly with domestic violence offenders must meet in order to ensure the quality and effectiveness of services provided.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2014-09-25