$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-14, for DV Supervision 2 CEs. This approval will appear on your CE Certificate.
** Ohio Licensee's: Ohio CSWMFTB has approved this course for supervision for 2 CE hours for counselors and social workers only. MFTs may take it for General CE only.
**Florida: this course is approved for 2 CE hours of General hours and not for Supervision.
CEU Course Description
A short course on Clinical Supervision suitable for those supervising interns in a clinical setting. Extracted from TIP 52 from SAMHSA.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, David J. Powell, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Identify the functions and principles of clinical supervision.
2. Describe competency-based, treatment-based, developmental, and integrated models of clinical supervision.
3. Discuss how cultural and contextual factors, ethical, legal, and boundary issues, informed consent, and confidentiality impact supervision.
4. Evaluate direct and indirect methods of observation in supervision.
5. Summarize practical issues in clinical supervision such as distinguishing between supervision and therapy and balancing clinical and administrative functions.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2023 - 01/03/2026. Social workers completing this course receive 2.00 'Clinical' continuing education credits.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2014-09-01