Somatic Experiencing: Using Interoception and Proprioception as Core Elements of Trauma Therapy
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Advanced
CE Course Description
Somatic Experiencing (SE) is a novel form of therapy that focuses on resolving the symptoms of chronic stress and post-traumatic stress. This advanced CE course demonstrates how the methods of SE help restore functionality to the core response network and provides a possible neurophysiological rationale for the mechanisms involved.
Article Author: Mardi Crane-Godreau, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate key elements of SE.
2. Explain how SE defines “pendulation.”
3. Investigate what trembling or shivering is a sign of from an SE point of view.
4. Examine the systems that form the core response network.
5. Scrutinize how the “mindful” aspects of SE may facilitate spontaneous self-regulation.
6. Describe why, for the mental health professional, using the phrase “I imagine . . .” is important when describing observations of the patient’s inner state.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2017-01-01