Men and Suicide: A Neural Basis for the Acquired Capability
$4.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Advanced
CE Course Description
The high rate of fatal suicidal behavior in men is an urgent issue as highlighted in the public eye via news sources and media outlets. This advanced CE course addresses this issue while attempting to understand the neural substrates underlying the gender differences in the rate of fatal suicidal behavior.
Article Author: Gopikrishna Deshpande, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain the observed gender differences in fatal suicidal behavior.
2. Investigate under what circumstances a lethal suicide attempt is possible.
3. Elucidate the sections of the brain that have been shown to form the hate circuit.
4. Identify the brain regions that are activated exclusively in males.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-01-12