Substance Abuse Counselor Competencies (TAP 21 Updated)
$18.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
ICB Credit for Counselor I or II, CARS I or II, MISA I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS II, MAATP I or II, NCRS II, CFPP II
CEU Course Description
Addiction professionals work in a broad variety of disciplines but share an understanding of the addictive process that goes beyond the narrow confines of any one specialty. This CEU course addresses clincial evaluation, treatment planning, referrals, service coordination, counseling, documentation and professional and ethical responsibilites.
Article Author: Elliott Vanskike, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the attitudes that counselors need to have in order to be successful in ongoing supervision and consultation.
2. Enumerate helping strategies for reducing the negative effects of substance use, abuse, and dependence.
3. Investigate the knowledge needed to understand the obligation of the addiction professional to participate in prevention and treatment activities.
4. Examine the attitudes necessary to maintain ongoing contact with the client and involved significant others to ensure adherence to the treatment plan.
5. Identify the skills needed for explaining assessment findings to the client and significant others.
6. Describe the actions the counselor should take when the client’s behavior is inconsistent with stated recovery goals.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2016-05-09