Sibling Issues in Foster Care and Adoption
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course explores research, intervention strategies, and resources to assist professionals in preserving connections among siblings by discussing: the sibling relationship; legal frameworks for protecting sibling connections; sibling relationships in abusive or neglectful families; benefits of and barriers to placing siblings together; practices for keeping siblings together in placement; maintaining ties between separated siblings; and sibling issues within the foster or adoptive family.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the circumstances under which caseworkers face more challenges for sibling placement.
2. Explain the importance of siblings on emotional and mental health during childhood and its impact into adulthood.
3. Investigate which aspects the caseworker will want to look for when evaluating the quality of sibling relationships.
4. Examine the agency’s role in placing siblings in the same foster home whenever possible.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2015-01-27