Challenges of Responsible Non-Custodial Fathering for Low Income Individuals
$36.00 | CE Hours:12.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Sweeping changes have dramatically altered the structure of the American family - making marriage less common and fathers less present in their children’s lives. This CEU course draws on the first of a longitudinal series of in-depth interviews with a subset of fathers participating in the Parents and Children Together Responsible Fatherhood (PACT RF) programs to better understand their lives and experiences, including the complexities and difficulties they face as fathers. These interviews focus on fathers’ childhoods, relationships with their children and the mothers of their children, views on fathering, employment experiences, and participation in the fatherhood programs.
Article Author: Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss how the men described the main aspects of fatherhood and the role that fathers should play in the lives of their children.
2. Explain why even working fathers had difficulty making ends meet.
3. Investigate the most common motivation driving the men in the study to be an active father in their children’s lives.
4. Elucidate, among a myriad of challenges, the most commonly cited barrier to employment.
5. Identify what was common in the large majority of the relationships and was often directly implicated in the couple’s breakup.
6. Describe the one common factor across the majority of men that make it difficult for them to fully become the parents they want to be for their children.
Date Added: 2016-01-20
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.