PTSD and Accelerated Aging
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Investigators have suggested that aspects of the intra-individual environment, such as psychiatric symptoms, may impact physiology directly and be as important as the external environment, if not more so, in predicting subsequent health outcomes. This CE course explores the growing empirical literature concerning PTSD-related accelerated aging and the methodologies used to study it.
Article Author: Erika Wolf, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Investigate the link between trauma exposure and DNA methylation over time.
2. Examine which brain region has reduced cortical thickness in the presence of chronic PTSD.
3. Elucidate what shortened leukocyte telomere length reflects.
4. Identify which pro-inflammatory marker was found in PTSD.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2018-03-01