Patterns of Care for Rural and Urban Children with Mental Health Problems
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CE course examines if patterns of children’s mental health diagnosis and service use, such as office visits and psychotropic medications, differ by rural-urban residence, and the effects of income and insurance type on use of mental health services.
Article Author: Nathaniel J. Anderson MPH, Samantha J. Neuwirth MD, Jennifer D. Lenardson MHS, and David Hartley PhD
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the sociodemographic factors associated with the most common mental health diagnoses in childhood.
2. Explain why younger children are more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD.
3. Examine when rural children are likely to have their mental health impairments identified.
4. Describe the steps recommended to health professionals by the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry to ensure appropriate and safe use of psychotropic medications for the treatment of children.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-04-17