Improving Mental Health Services in Rural Long-Term Care
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CE Course Description
This CE course explores novel practices that hold promise for increasing the quality, quantity, and accessibility of mental health services in rural long-term care. Also examined is how collaboration among rural health and human service providers and other stakeholders will be a key to success in building the capacity of rural health systems to deliver mental health services to long-term care recipients.
Article Author: Jean A. Talbot, Ph.D., MPH and Andrew F. Coburn, Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the obstacles that impede access to mental health care for rural residents.
2. Explain what provider sites must offer in order to qualify for participation in the National Health Service Corps program.
3. Investigate the reason why independent practitioners and mental health provider organizations are reluctant to deliver off-site services.
4. Identify the most common mental health condition among both nursing home residents and community-dwelling long-term care recipients.
5. Describe the hinderances to conducting mental health interventions via videoconferencing in rural areas.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2015-06-26