Federal Guidelines for Opioid Treatment Programs
$18.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CE course describes the expectation of how the federal opioid treatment standards are to be satisfied by opioid treatment programs. In consideration of these standards, the following topic areas will be discussed: telemedicine; administrative organization and responsibilities of individual practitioners; program sponsor and medical director; facility management; medication unit; human resources management; risk management; patient admission criteria; medically supervised withdrawal; clinical assessment, treatment planning, and evaluation of patient progress in treatment; recovery oriented systems of care; and recordkeeping and documentation.
1. Identify the federal regulations that OTPs must adhere to in order to be able to administer or dispense opioid drugs for treatment of opioid addiction.
2. Summarize key differences in the use of extended-release injectable naltrexone, methadone, and buprenorphine in opioid treatment programs.
3. Describe the methods used to assess a patient’s need for intervention and to initiate medication-assisted treatment.
4. Outline strategies to monitor an OTP’s patient’s progress, adjust the treatment plan as necessary, and terminate the treatment when appropriate.
5. Review the obligations of OTP’s to deliver care consistent with patient-centered, integrated, and recovery oriented standards of addictions treatment and medical care in general.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2015-04-13