Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Treatment Planning
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
This course meets the new Oregon CCCE requirements for renewal
CEU Course Description
This course provides information on: engaging clients; familiarizing clients and their families with treatment and evaluation processes; endorsing collaboration in interviews, assessments, and treatment planning; integrating culturally relevant information and themes; gathering culturally relevant collateral information; selecting culturally appropriate screening and assessment tools; determining readiness and motivation for change; providing culturally responsive case management; and incorporating cultural factors into treatment planning.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Andrea Kopstein, Ph.D., M.P.H., Karl D. White, Ed.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
Note: This course was extracted from SAMHSA’s (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) Treatment Improvement Protocol Manual #59 Improving Cultural Competence. Please refer to the original manual for references and appendices.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the aspects that are entailed in the planning and evaluation of cultural responsiveness.
2. Enumerate gestures that establish a first impression with a client and begin building the therapeutic relationship.
3. Investigate the rate that racially and ethnically diverse clients end treatment or counseling after one visit with a mental health practitioner and why this happens.
4. Compare and contrast the different stages of the classic transtheoretical model of change.
5. Examine the client’s views during the evaluation and treatment planning process.
6. Elucidate the questions that culturally competent evaluations should always include.
7. Identify the roles that are involved in case management.
Date Added: 2014-11-12
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.