New Generation Cannabinoid Designer Drugs
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Advanced
IAODAPCA CE Credit for Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS II, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, CFPP II, CVSS II
CEU Course Description
Synthetic cannabinoids are functionally similar to THC and bind to the same cannabinoid receptors in the brain and peripheral organs. This advanced CEU course provides detailed information about how the synthetic cannabinoids on the market elicit their actions and the dangers of their use.
Article Author: Liana Fattore, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the awareness that users have about synthetic cannabinoids.
2. Investigate the reasons that Spices are referred to as legal highs.
3. Compare and contrast the chemical structures of synthetic cannabinoids and THC.
4. Examine the pharmacological effects of the many different synthetic cannabinoids.
5. Identify the masking agents of natural origin that are commonly added to confuse identification.
6. Describe the most common symptoms of patients presenting for emergency medical care after smoking Spice products.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2011-09-21