Behavioral Interventions to Advance Self-Sufficiency
$21.00 | CE Hours:7.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course illustrates how the the Behavioral Interventions to Advance Self-Sufficiency (BIAS) project is the first major opportunity to use a behavioral economics lens to look at programs that serve poor and vulnerable people in the United States. Behavioral economics combines insights from psychology and economics. The BIAS project aims to use tools from behavioral economics to improve the well-being of individuals and families served by programs that the ACF (Administration for Children and Families) supports. This course describes the application of behavioral economics in the early stages of the BIAS project, and provides an overview of the field, presents an approach to applying behavioral economics to human services programs, and shares insights from three case studies in the BIAS project.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss how perception is shaped by subtle aspects of the way information is presented and can have an outsized influence on behavior.
2. Enumerate the behavioral economics principles associated with the psychology of scarcity.
3. Explain how program staff can encourage desired behavioral outcomes by emphasizing an individual’s strengths or successes.
4. Investigate the important strategies for overcoming a person’s limited cognition.
5. Define fundamental attribution error and describe how awareness of this is useful for practitioners.
6. Identify the constraints on people’s ability to process, understand, and recall information.
Date Added: 2015-01-27
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.