Anxiety Disorders and Developmental Attachment
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Advanced
CEU Course Description
Anxiety disorders represent a common but often debilitating form of psychopathology in both children and adults. This advanced CEU course presents a model of the influence of attachment relationships on the development of stress regulation strategies and discusses the role those relationships play in the development and maintenance of anxiety disorders, particularly the neurobiological alterations that underpin them.
Article Author: Tobias Nolte, MD, MSc, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Investigate the type of trauma that is related to increased risk for anxiety disorders throughout the life span.
2. Examine which basic mechanism involved in human anxiety is mediated by the prefrontal-amygdala circuit.
3. Identify the attachment pattern that has been associated with the development of anxiety disorders.
4. Describe the way in which securely attached individuals can efficiently regulate stress and anxiety.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2016-10-31