Adolescent Alcohol Use - Exploring Rural-Urban Differences
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course examines the relationship between individual, family, peer, school, and religious factors and alcohol use by adolescents living in urban and rural areas. While the material covered in this course is preliminary, it may suggest protective and risk factors that contribute to alcohol use in rural areas, knowledge that can point the way to the development of rural-specific prevention strategies, targeted research, and long-term policy approaches.
Article Author: John A. Gale M.S., Jennifer D. Lenardson MHS, David Lambert Ph.D., and David Hartley Ph.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the long term risks of adolescent alcohol use and the importance of finding intervention strategies.
2. Enumerate the risk and protective factors that are associated with adolescent alcohol use.
3. Investigate the parts of a positive family environment that moderate the potentially negative impact of peers on adolescent drinking behavior.
4. Describe the typical trajectory of alcohol use for most youth and differentiate how rural use varies from urban use.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-05-08