Medical Errors for Mental Health Professionals
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
Florida: Approved for ME credit for MFT, LCSW and LPC
CEU Course Description
This course is a fusing together of a short FDA Medication Errors Guide and a more comprehensive paper detailing the scope, definition, investigation process and laws surrounding medical errors. Special emphasis is given to medical errors prevalent in the Mental and Behavioral health professions. The paper focuses on Florida but the definitions, protocols and preventions outlined are applicable anywhere.
Article Author: Food and Drug Administration Technical Expert/Advisory Panel (https://psnet.ahrq.gov/information/panel)
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Demonstrate familiarity with the FDA's role in mitigating medication errors and common examples of medications that are misused.
2. Explain the scope and definitions of the medical errors problem.
3. Define root cause analysis and its use in medical errors prevention.
4. Understand Florida legal definitions as well as Joint Commission findings, particularly as they relate to mental and behavioral health professionals.
5. Enumerate greater risk populations and most common misdiagnosed conditions and remediations, particularly as they relate to mental and behavioral health professionals.