Veterans and Mental Health
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course describes the guiding principles of mental health care, explains how to find mental health care, and the different treatment settings where VA offers mental health care. In addition, information about the types of treatments available for the most common mental health problems of Veterans (such as depression, substance abuse, and post-traumatic stress disorder) and special programs offered for particular groups of Veterans are provided. Finally, the mental health services that VA hospitals and clinics are required to provide are discussed.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Outline the principals that guide mental health care for veterans.
2. Discuss the various settings where veterans can receive mental health care and treatment including hospitals, clinics, and other locations.
3. Review various behavioral health issues that impact veterans and treatments that have been proven to be effective for these individuals.
4. Describe how Veterans Mental Health Councils offer input to VA leaders about the structure and operations of mental health services for veterans.
5. Identify specific resources to help veterans and families who are struggling with mental health issues.
Date Added: 2014-10-12
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.