Identifying Mental Health and Substance Abuse Problems of Children and Youth
$50.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
IAODAPCA CE Credit for Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, MISA I or II or III, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS I or II, MAATP I or II, RDDP, NCRS I or II, CFPP II, ATE
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED CE Hours for only $74.95?
Click Here to learn more.
CEU Course Description
This course is intended to promote the early identification of children and adolescents with mental health and substance use problems. It addresses the approaches, methods, and strategies used to identify mental health and substance use problems of high-risk youth (persons whose ages are between birth and 22 years) in settings that serve either a broad spectrum of children and adolescents or a high-risk population. The seven settings it covers are:
• Child welfare
• Early care and education
• Family, domestic violence, and runaway shelters
• Juvenile justice
• Mental health and substance abuse treatment for co-occurring disorders
• Primary care
• Schools and out-of-school programs
CEU Course Objectives
1. Know which are the best tools available to screen for mental health and drug use problems in children and adolescents.
2. Learn how to use the screening tools most effectively in different settings.
3. Learn who to use screening tools within various settings and what to do with the information they provide.
4. Be aware of the issues and difficulties that can be encountered when screening children and adolescents for mental health and drug use problems.
5. Understand the benefits of partnering with various groups and agencies to help identify and treat this population.
6. Recognize what groups and agencies are potential partners in identifying and treating this population.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2012-04-01