Sex Trafficking: A Gender Based Civil Rights Violation
$33.00 | CE Hours:11.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
The trafficking of persons has frequently been described as a “modern” or “Twenty-First Century” form of slavery. This CEU course provides definitions of trafficking; discusses how and why trafficking victims are identified; investigates the relationship between organized crime and human trafficking; examines the legalization of prostitution and its impact on the demand for commercial sex which adults initiate with underage partners; looks into the amount and nature of law enforcement resources dedicated to sex trafficking and the need for additional investment; reviews federal efforts to eliminate sex trafficking; and provides recommendations to enhance human trafficking enforcement.
Article Author: U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the youth that are at particularly high risk for becoming victims of trafficking.
2. Enumerate the requirements of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services defined by the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000.
3. Investigate what epidemiologists have concluded the average age of death to be of persons used in commercial sex.
4. Scrutinize what drives the violence that is behind the sex trafficking industry.
5. Identify how sex trafficking victims are targeted.
6. Describe what traffickers often offer in order to lure victims.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2015-12-19