Behavioral Health for the Homeless
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
This course can only be viewed by clicking the Download PDF link. It is not available in the online reading format. This is a large document, please allow plenty of time for the download especially on slower connections
CEU Course Description
This course is extracted from the rather lengthy TIP manual #55 - Behavioral Health Services for People Who Are Homeless by SAMHSA. This course discusses and advocates an approach that is is integrated and is aimed at providing services to the whole person to improve quality of life in all relevant domains.
Authors: Hunter L. McQuistion, M.D., Jennifer Frey, Ph.D., Jesse B. Milby, Jr., Ph.D., Douglas J. Warn, LCSW-R, Debbie Fisk, LCSW, Kelvin M. Silver, M.Ed., LCPC, LCADC, CRC, NCC
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Define homelessness in America, including numbers, factors that contribute to homelessness, and the different types of homelessness.
2. Summarize counselor competencies for working with people who are homeless.
3. Examine the stages of change, critical phases of recovery, and stages of homeless rehabilitation.
4. Discuss critical interventions and strategies for serving people who are homeless.
5. Identify the categories of community housing for the homeless including emergency shelters, as well as temporary, transitional, and permanent supportive housing.
6. Describe housing services for homeless veterans, individuals with substance use and/or mental disorders, and those in rural areas.
Date Added: 2013-06-04
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.