2015 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines
$45.00 | CE Hours:9.00 | Advanced
This CE course discusses the following topics to assist health care workers in the prevention and treatment of STDs: alternative treatment regimens for Neisseria gonorrhoeae; the use of nucleic acid amplification tests for the diagnosis of trichomoniasis; alternative treatment options for genital warts; the role of Mycoplasma genitalium in urethritis / cervicitis and treatment-related implications; updated HPV vaccine recommendations and counseling messages; the management of persons who are transgender; annual testing for hepatitis C in persons with HIV infection; updated recommendations for diagnostic evaluation of urethritis; and retesting to detect repeat infection.
Author: Workowski, K. and Bolan, G. Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2015. MMWR Recomm Rep 2015;64(No. RR-3):1-137.
Retrieved from: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6403a1.htm
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the benefits of STD/HIV prevention counseling to encourage risk reduction.
2. Identify how STDs can impact pregnant women, their partners, and their fetuses, children and adolescents, men who have sex with men (MSM) and women who have sex with women (WSM), as well as other populations.
3. Describe the components of HIV infection detection, counseling, referral, and treatment.
4. Summarize the diagnostic characteristics, treatment, and management considerations for genital HSV infections, syphilis, chlamydial infections, gonococcal infections, PID, HPV, and other STDs.
5. Outline vaccination and testing recommendations, along with diagnostic, treatment, and prevention strategies for Hepatitis A, B, and C.
6. Evaluate the guidelines for identification and treatment of STDs among adolescent and adult female sexual assault survivors and for sexual abuse of children.
CE Outline with Main Points
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-07-20