2015 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines
$27.00 | CE Hours:9.00 | Advanced
This CE course discusses the following topics to assist health care workers in the prevention and treatment of STDs: alternative treatment regimens for Neisseria gonorrhoeae; the use of nucleic acid amplification tests for the diagnosis of trichomoniasis; alternative treatment options for genital warts; the role of Mycoplasma genitalium in urethritis / cervicitis and treatment-related implications; updated HPV vaccine recommendations and counseling messages; the management of persons who are transgender; annual testing for hepatitis C in persons with HIV infection; updated recommendations for diagnostic evaluation of urethritis; and retesting to detect repeat infection.
Author: Workowski, K. and Bolan, G. Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2015. MMWR Recomm Rep 2015;64(No. RR-3):1-137.
Retrieved from: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6403a1.htm
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the benefits of STD/HIV prevention counseling to encourage risk reduction.
2. Identify how STDs can impact pregnant women, their partners, and their fetuses, children and adolescents, men who have sex with men (MSM) and women who have sex with women (WSM), as well as other populations.
3. Describe the components of HIV infection detection, counseling, referral, and treatment.
4. Summarize the diagnostic characteristics, treatment, and management considerations for genital HSV infections, syphilis, chlamydial infections, gonococcal infections, PID, HPV, and other STDs.
5. Outline vaccination and testing recommendations, along with diagnostic, treatment, and prevention strategies for Hepatitis A, B, and C.
6. Evaluate the guidelines for identification and treatment of STDs among adolescent and adult female sexual assault survivors and for sexual abuse of children.
CE Outline with Main Points
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.
Added On: 2015-07-20