Support for Breastfeeding Mothers and Babies
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Research has shown that breastfeeding is recognized as the best source of nutrition for most infants. This CEU course provides guidance for public health professionals on how to select strategies to support breastfeeding mothers and increase breastfeeding rates.
Article Author: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what mothers identify as the most important interventions the health care system could have offered to help them breastfeed.
2. Enumerate maternity care practices that support breastfeeding.
3. Explain how breastfeeding helps to protect mothers and infants.
4. Investigate the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes guidelines.
5. Examine which women may need extra breastfeeding support.
6. Describe what the support from health care professionals may include if a mother chooses to breastfeed.
Date Added: 2017-07-02
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.