Patient Engagement and Group Therapy in PTSD Treatment
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
For patients with PTSD to derive the greatest benefit from available evidence-based psychotherapies and psychiatric medications they must be able to fully engage in their treatment. This CE course describes factors that make patients more likely to engage in PTSD treatment and identify interventions that may improve patient engagement in PTSD treatment, with a focus on evidence-based treatments.
Author: Kehle-Forbes, S. and Kimerling, R. Patient Engagement in PTSD Treatment. (2017). National Center for PTSD. PTSD Research Quarterly, Vol 28, No 3.; Sloan, D. and Beck, J. Group Treatment for PTSD. (2016). National Center for PTSD. PTSD Research Quarterly, Vol 27, No 2.
Retrieved from: https://www.ptsd.va.gov/publications/ptsd_rq.asp
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe the results of receiving hydrocortisone prior to prolonged exposure sessions.
2. Explain by which demographic Veterans may prefer peer support groups to be separated.
3. Evaluate how many motivational interviewing telephone sessions were needed to result in increased rates of mental health treatment initiation and greater treatment retention among VA-enrolled Veterans.
4. Identify the most frequent reason for treatment dropout given by soldiers with PTSD.
5. Name three determinants of mental health service initiation and/or retention.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Patient Engagement in PTSD Treatment
a. Factors Associated with Engagement
b. Interventions to Improve Engagement
c. Future Directions
d. Featured Articles
2. Group Treatment for PTSD
a. Trauma-focused Group Treatment for PTSD
b. Group Protocols that Address Comorbid Conditions
c. Limitations of the Literature and Future Directions
d. Featured Articles
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.
Added On: 2019-01-14