Management of Major Depressive Disorder in Prison Populations
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides recommendations for the management of depression in federal inmates.
Article Author: Federal Bureau of Prisons
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the foods that should be avoided during treatment with MAOIs.
2. Investigate which medication can precipitate or exacerbate depression.
3. Examine the primary treatment for inmates with moderate to severe depression.
4. Elucidate which medications can be abused for their anticholinergic and antihistaminic side effects.
5. Identify the FDA-approved treatment for refractory depression.
6. Provide the minimum washout periods when changing from one medication to another.
Date Added: 2017-12-15
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.