Creating a Trauma-Informed Workforce
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course focuses on key workforce development activities, such as: recruiting, hiring, and retaining trauma-informed staff; training behavioral health service providers on the principles of and evidence-based and emerging best practices relevant to, TIC; developing and promoting a set of counselor competencies specific to TIC; delineating the responsibilities of counselors and addressing ethical considerations specifically relevant to promoting TIC; providing trauma-informed clinical supervision; and committing to prevention and treatment of secondary trauma of behavioral health professionals within the organization. Addressing each of these areas is essential to building a trauma-informed workforce and an organizational culture that supports TIC.
1. Discuss strategies for recruiting, hiring, and retaining trauma-informed staff.
2. Describe methods to train behavioral health service providers on the principles of trauma-informed care and evidence-based and emerging best practices relevant to TIC.
3. Summarize how organizations can develop and promote a set of counselor competencies specific to TIC, and provide trauma-informed clinical supervision
4. Review ways than an organization can commit to the prevention and treatment of secondary trauma among behavioral health professionals.
5. Evaluate the responsibilities of counselors and address ethical considerations specifically relevant to promoting TIC.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.
Added On: 2016-08-13