Clinical Supervision: Legal, Ethical, and Risk Management Issues
$30.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course is designed to give an overview of various aspects of clinical supervision. Competent and productive supervision, models of supervision, and supervisory formats and techniques are discussed. In addition, insights into legal and ethical issues, risk management, and evaluation procedures are provided. This course is appropriate for mental health service professionals and others who are interested in learning more about this important topic.
Article Author: George B. Haarman, Psy.D., LMFT
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
*This course is NOT in any way endorsed or certified by the author of the book used for its creation.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the components of competent and effective supervision including myths and misconceptions.
2. Compare administrative supervision to clinical supervision and differentiate between various models of supervision.
3. Identify the characteristics of individual supervision, group supervision, team supervision, consultation, and other formats.
4. Review ethical and legal issues in clinical supervision.
5. Evaluate risk management strategies that can help supervisors minimize liability.
6. Describe the steps in providing impartial, objective, and accurate evaluation of supervisees.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.