Supporting Youth Transitioning Out of Foster Care - Employment Programs
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Youth transitioning out of foster care and into adulthood may need supports to navigate the challenges they face. Employment is a key area to consider in serving youth aging out of care since youth prepared for employment not only benefit financially, but also develop important work and relationship skills. This CEU course focuses on the category of programs that aim to improve employment outcomes. It explains why these programs are important, suggests a way to think about the types of existing programs, and summarizes what we know about their effects. It then discusses the need to build an evidence base for these types of initiatives in the context of independent living programs and explores some next steps for moving toward that goal.
Article Author: Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the factors that are especially important for youth in care as well as those who have transitioned out of care for determining employment outcomes.
2. Investigate the youth attributes that may influence the type of employment program that will be most effective.
3. Examine the skills necessary for youth to learn to succeed in a collaborative work environment.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-11-13