Workplace Impairment of the Healthcare Professional
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Even the most skilled, responsible, and dedicated healthcare worker is susceptible to substance abuse. This CEU course looks at the policies and standards in place by very reputable cooperatives such as the American Medical Association and The Joint Commission. Common signs and symptoms of substance abuse, along with the steps of reporting said abuse are also discussed.
Author: LaGuire, T. (2018). Quantum Units Education.
CEU Course Objectives
1.Enumerate three situations in which a healthcare professional needs to be removed immediately from the workplace.
2. Explain three ethical obligations a healthcare professional has in order to protect patient interests and ensure that their colleagues receive appropriate care and assistance.
3. Investigate two reasons why healthcare workers abuse drugs or alcohol.
4. Examine what is often the first indication of impairment.
5. Identify which substance healthcare professionals demonstrate significantly higher levels of abuse when compared to the general population.
6. Describe the employer’s responsibility to accommodated medical marijuana use under the federal Americans with Disabilities Act.
Date Added: 2018-08-07
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.