Women and Trauma
$15.00 | CEU Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course provides background on women and trauma by taking an important first step of describing the level of violence against women and girls in our society and exploring its consequences. This course illustrates the importance of listening to and incorporating the voices of people who have been directly impacted by trauma, and describes “trauma-informed care,” a new approach to addressing trauma that can be implemented in any setting. This course also provides an introduction to the key issues facing each participating agency, with statistics documenting the impact of violence against women and girls on their mission and information on how each department is responding.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what trauma must involve in order to meet the definition set by the diagnostic manual used by mental health providers.
2. Describe how the murders and violence seen by children due to television programming may lead to a desensitization and an increase in violence in their own lives and may often be carried over into adulthood.
3. Enumerate the many health problems, diseases, and behaviors shown to significantly correlate with Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) scores.
4. Explain how people can be “re-traumatized” by helping professionals who fail to recognize their clients’ trauma histories and steps that these professionals can take to avoid such instances.
5. Investigate the number one priority when someone has been traumatized, and where the emphasis should be put to help them regain control over their life.
6. Identify all of the benefits provided by the Family Advocacy Program and how this program can be utilized by victims of sexual trauma.
7. Examine how women and girl refugees fall prey to higher rates of sexual trauma than those among the general population.
8. Elucidate how healthcare providers working in school systems or other child-serving agencies who are not trauma-informed can easily misinterpret trauma symptoms.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.