Unlawful Harassment - Employer Liability
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This course provides laws and regulations of: vicarious employer liability for unlawful harassment by supervisors; the vicarious liability rule applies to unlawful harassment on all covered bases; who qualifies as a supervisor; harassment by supervisor that does and does not result in a tangible employment action; harassment by “alter ego” of employer; and small employers on employer liability for harassment by supervisors.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe the primary purpose of the anti-discrimination statutes.
2. Examine how harassment does and does not violate federal law.
3. Discuss who qualifies as a supervisor and the roles and actions allowed by a supervisor.
4. Determine when an employer will be held liable for harassment taking place.
5. Explain what are considered tangible employment decisions.
6. Identify the deadline for filing the EEOC charges and when they may be extended.
7. Enumerate the measures to take before completing the investigation to ensure that further harassment does not occur.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.