Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts - Key Components
$21.00 | CEU Hours:7.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course provides an overview of Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts and discusses the history of the drug court movement and the adaptation of the drug court model for tribal justice systems. In addition, the critical issues and challenges faced by Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts, including the challenge of incorporating tribal customs and traditions, addressing the high volume of alcohol abuse cases, and addressing jurisdictional and resource limitations will be looked at. Finally, current guidelines as well as key issues in developing treatment, developing a Tribal Wellness Court treatment program, adapting treatment program components, identifying special considerations regarding treatment services, and evaluating strategies for maintaining sobriety / relapse prevention will be examined.
Article Author: Joseph Thomas Flies-Away (B.A. Stanford, M.P.A. Harvard, J.D. Arizona State University)
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss which articles in the participant’s case file the Tribal Wellness Court team should properly review before deciding on acceptance of an individual as a participant.
2. Explain the Tribal Healing to Wellness Court / drug court model.
3. Investigate, in addition to screening for alcohol and drug abuse, which intake processes treatment professionals recommend performing.
4. Examine the items that should be taken into account for a participant’s individualized treatment plan.
5. Identify the specific objectives of Tribal Healing to Wellness Court.
6. Describe the timeframe that provides a window of opportunity for intervening and emphasizing the value of alcohol and drug abuse treatment.
Date Added: 2015-07-05
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.