Traumatic Brain Injury in the US - Epidemiology and Rehabilitation
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course discusses the known incidence of traumatic brain injury, including trends over time; prevalence of traumatic brain injury-related disability; the adequacy of TBI outcome measures; factors that influence differential TBI outcomes; and the current status and effectiveness of TBI rehabilitation services.
Article Author: Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Thomas R Frieden, MD, Debra Houry, MD, Grand Baldwin, PhD.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Differentiate between mild, moderate, and severe traumatic brain injury (TBI).
2. Describe the incidence of TBI, including trends over time, as well as data on the prevalence of TBI-related disability.
3. Identify how special populations such as pediatric and older adult age groups, military service members and veterans, and incarcerated populations may be impacted by TBI.
4. Review the adequacy of TBI outcome measures while discussing factors that influence differential TBI outcomes.
5. Assess the current status and effectiveness of TBI rehabilitation services.
6. Outline recommendations to address the gaps in understanding the current state of rehabilitation for TBI.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.