Tobacco Product Use Among Diverse Populations
$12.00 | CEU Hours:4.00 | Intermediate*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CEU Course Description
This CEU course explores the trends of tobacco use in the United States, with special focus on American Indians / Alaska Natives, military veterans, middle and high school students, and tobacco use in movies.
Article Author: Satomi Odani, MPH, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the factors that encourage or enable tobacco use in the military.
2. Explain what may be the cause of some of the observed differences in tobacco use.
3. Examine how sex-specific quit ratios are related to age.
4. Elucidate the proven strategies used in reducing cigarette smoking prevalence.
5. Describe culturally appropriate strategies when addressing tobacco-related disparities.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.