Confidentiality: Title 42 CFR Part 2
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course focuses on the confidentiality of alcohol and drug abuse patient records by providing information on: general provisions; disclosures with patient consent; disclosures without patient consent; and court orders authorizing disclosure and use.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the restrictions on disclosure and use in reports of suspected child abuse and neglect.
2. Explain how an individual patient can benefit from Federal support and not be covered by the confidentiality regulations.
3. Investigate the restriction on use of information to bring criminal charges against a patient for a crime.
4. Define the term “minor” under State law.
5. Elucidate how written records subject to security regulations must be maintained when not in use.
6. Describe which items must be included in the written summary of the Federal law and regulations given to the patient.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.