Telehealth Care in Behavioral Health: Case Vignettes
$16.50 | CE Hours:5.50 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Technology-based therapeutic tools are becoming widely used in behavioral health services. This CE course provides counselor-client dialog to facilitate learning, along with comments from the point of view of an experienced clinician about the strategies used, possible alternative techniques, and insights into what the client or prospective client may be thinking. Step-by-step information on how to implement a specific intervention is also included.
Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Using Technology-Based Therapeutic Tools in Behavioral Health Services. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 60. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 15-4924. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2015. A full bibliography and list of panel contributors of this evidence-based treatment manual can be seen from the original document retrieved from: https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content/SMA15-4924/SMA15-4924.pdf
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss issues to consider in developing a Web-based outreach and early intervention program.
2. Enumerate the advantages and disadvantages of using Web-based programs in counseling.
3. Investigate when Web-based programs in counseling are contraindicated.
4. Elucidate what clients who express reservations about a technology-based intervention may be reacting to.
5. Provide the rules that help minimize issues that can arise in telephone and video conferencing groups.
6. Describe the accepted behavior when working with a Deaf client.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.