Telehealth Care in Behavioral Health: Case Vignettes
$16.50 | CE Hours:5.50 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Technology-based therapeutic tools are becoming widely used in behavioral health services. This CE course provides counselor-client dialog to facilitate learning, along with comments from the point of view of an experienced clinician about the strategies used, possible alternative techniques, and insights into what the client or prospective client may be thinking. Step-by-step information on how to implement a specific intervention is also included.
Article Author: Thomas Kim, M.D., M.P.H., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss issues to consider in developing a Web-based outreach and early intervention program.
2. Enumerate the advantages and disadvantages of using Web-based programs in counseling.
3. Investigate when Web-based programs in counseling are contraindicated.
4. Elucidate what clients who express reservations about a technology-based intervention may be reacting to.
5. Provide the rules that help minimize issues that can arise in telephone and video conferencing groups.
6. Describe the accepted behavior when working with a Deaf client.