Synthetic Drug Assessment: Amphetamine and New Psychoactive Substances
$18.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Given the fast-paced nature of the New Psychoactive Substances (NPS) market, there is a continued need for analysis of the scope and magnitude of the global synthetic drugs problem based on forensic and scientific data and qualitative information. This CEU course aims to provide an improved understanding of the problem based on scientific evidence and experiences that show the complex interplay between the demand for and the supply of Amphetamine-Type Stimulants (ATS) in different contexts.
Article Author: Angela Me, Chief of the Research and Trend Analysis Branch, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the primary precursor chemical used in the manufacture of amphetamine and methamphetamine.
2. Investigate what the risk of ATS manufacture has been heightened by.
3. Examine why NPS is a phenomenon that is difficult to detect.
4. Identify where methamphetamine manufacturing may be intended to supply the large domestic market.
5. Provide the location from where most ketamine seized in countries world-wide is perceived to originate.
6. Describe what is responsible for a rising domestic availability of methamphetamine in the United States.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-08-22