Support for Breastfeeding Mothers and Babies
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | BeginningThis course is not approved by NBCC for NCC certification renewal. To renew your NCC certification, view our list of NBCC specific approved courses.
CEU Course Description
Research has shown that breastfeeding is recognized as the best source of nutrition for most infants. This CEU course provides guidance for public health professionals on how to select strategies to support breastfeeding mothers and increase breastfeeding rates.
Article Author: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss what mothers identify as the most important interventions the health care system could have offered to help them breastfeed.
2. Enumerate maternity care practices that support breastfeeding.
3. Explain how breastfeeding helps to protect mothers and infants.
4. Investigate the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes guidelines.
5. Examine which women may need extra breastfeeding support.
6. Describe what the support from health care professionals may include if a mother chooses to breastfeed.