Supervision and Community Placement Strategies for Justice Involved Youth
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course discusses smart and effective supervision strategies created by juvenile justice stakeholders in an effort to keep more youth in their homes and communities rather than in out-of-home placements and secure facilities. The concepts and practices examined in this course are supported empirically and rooted in research and theories of best practice. A sample of strategies described to improve supervision practices for youth is included as well.
Knowledge and consent by NCCD should be obtained prior to any assessment tool learned from this course being used.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate ways of engaging service providers and community partners in supervision and problem solving.
2. Investigate the outcomes that should be reflected in staff training.
3. Examine what juvenile justice stakeholders believe to be the supervision approaches needed to build relationships between supervision agents, youth, and their families.
4. Elucidate the strategies being used to reduce the length of stay in juvenile institutions.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-04-25