Suicide - Assessment, Management and Treatment
$18.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
This course meets CCU approval in KY for OT's and OTA's Approval #18-02 only. It is NOT approved for LPC's to meet the mandatory Suicide training.
CEU Course Description
The intent of this course is to: reduce current unwarranted practice variations and provide facilities with a structured framework to help improve patient outcomes (prevent suicide and other forms of suicidal self-directed violent behavior); provide evidence-based recommendations to assist providers and their patients in the decision-making process; and identify outcome measures to support the development of practice-based evidence that can ultimately be used to improve clinical guidelines.
Article Author: Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, Ron Acierno, PhD Kathleen Chard, PhD Daniella David, MD Matt Friedman, MD (Co-Chair) Matt Jeffreys, MD Terry Keane, PhD Harold Kudler, MD Todd Semla, PharmD Sheila Rauch, PhD Josef Ruzek, PhD (Co-Chair) Steve Southwick, MD Murray Stein, MD
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the different “risk of suicide attempt” classifications and the evidence that allows a patient to be put into each category.
2. Enumerate the modifiers that increase the level of risk for suicide of any defined level.
3. Explain the objectives and goals of suicide risk assessment.
4. Investigate the direct warning signs for the highest likelihood of suicidal behaviors occurring in the near future.
5. Identify what the first priority is for determining the care setting.
6. Examine the strongest and most reliable predictors of future suicidal behavior.
7. Elucidate what should be done for patients at acute risk for suicide who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
8. Describe what should be included in family sessions and education to ensure optimal family engagement for the suicidal patient.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.