Substance Abuse Treatment for Women
$12.00 | CEU Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course provides gender-specific factors that significantly influence treatment retention of women, and includes women’s treatment issues and needs, parenting issues and treatment needs, and co-occurring disorders that are most prevalent among women and are likely to require attention during the course of treatment. Significant consideration is give to trauma, trauma-informed services, and integrated treatment for women with trauma-related symptoms and substance use disorders. (Updated and extracted from TIP 51.)
Article Author: Norma Finkelstein, Ph.D., M.S.W., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss why women may need education and medication monitoring initially to ensure they are taking their antidepressant medications as prescribed.
2. Explain how effective therapeutic styles are best characterized.
3. Investigate the factors that play a significant role in retention.
4. Examine counselor characteristics women have identified that they believe contribute to treatment success.
5. Identify major trauma-related clinical issues that counselors need to address or attend to during the course of treatment.
6. Describe what it means to be trauma-informed.
Date Added: 2016-08-11
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.