Substance Abuse Treatment and Family Therapy (Revised)
$30.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
The fields of substance abuse treatment and family therapy share many common assumptions, approaches, and techniques, but differ in significant philosophical and practical ways that affect treatment approaches and goals. This CE course explores the impact of substance abuse on families; discusses approaches to therapy in both substance abuse treatment and family therapy; presents a discussion of integrated models for substance abuse treatment and family therapy; provides background information about substance abuse treatment for various populations and applications to family therapy for each population; and presents information about the importance of improving services to families and some policy implications to consider for effectively joining family therapy and substance abuse treatment.
Article Author: Edward Kaufman, M.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate goals of behavioral contracting therapy.
2. Investigate the main purpose for family therapy in substance abuse treatment.
3. Examine the type of sibling relationships that can protect adolescents against substance abuse.
4. Elucidate the patterns of behavior that codependent people are thought to have.
5. Identify the single most potent risk factor of future maladaption, predisposition to substance use, and psychological difficulties.
6. Describe practical advantages of the integrated models for the treatment providers.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.