Substance Abuse Counselor Ethics, Confidentiality, and Boundaries
$27.00 | CEU Hours:9.00 | Intermediate
*This course meets the prerequisite requirements for the 9-hour orientation for California Substance Abuse Counselor registrants and includes 3 hours of Ethics, 3 hours of 42 CFR Part II Confidentiality and HIPAA, and 3 hours of Boundaries.
Illinois IBC Credit for Counselor I or II, CARS I or II, MISA I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I or II, CRSS II, MAATP I or II, NCRS II, CFPP II
Ohio CDPB Certified Prevention Specialist Assistant, Certified Prevention Specialist, Certified Prevention Consultant for R7 Credit and Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor II, Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III and Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor for C9 Credit.
CE Course Description
It is the responsibility of the addiction professional to safeguard the integrity of the counseling relationship and to ensure that the client is provided with services that are most beneficial. This CE course details the guidelines of ethics, confidentiality, and boundaries for substance abuse counselors from several resources specific to alcohol and drug counselors.
Article Resource: NAADAC Code of Ethics, CCBADC, IC&RC, CAADAC, Florida Certification Board, Iowa Certification Board, Electronic Code of Federal Regulations - 42CFR
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss how the substance abuse counselor shall utilize skills to assist in developing sobriety life management and communication skills that support recovery.
2. Enumerate what constitutes grounds for disciplinary action.
3. Investigate when the general requirement that counselors keep information confidential does not apply.
4. Examine what counselors must officially document, prior to the interaction, if they extend boundaries.
5. Identify what is included in the ethical decision-making model that counselors must use and document when faced with an ethical dilemma.
6. Describe by what means counselors aspire to earn the trust of clients.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.