Substance Abuse Counselor Competencies (TAP 21 Updated)
$18.00 | CEU Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
ICB Credit for Counselor I or II, CARS I or II, MISA I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS II, MAATP I or II, NCRS II, CFPP II
CEU Course Description
Addiction professionals work in a broad variety of disciplines but share an understanding of the addictive process that goes beyond the narrow confines of any one specialty. This CEU course addresses clincial evaluation, treatment planning, referrals, service coordination, counseling, documentation and professional and ethical responsibilites.
Article Author: Elliott Vanskike, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the attitudes that counselors need to have in order to be successful in ongoing supervision and consultation.
2. Enumerate helping strategies for reducing the negative effects of substance use, abuse, and dependence.
3. Investigate the knowledge needed to understand the obligation of the addiction professional to participate in prevention and treatment activities.
4. Examine the attitudes necessary to maintain ongoing contact with the client and involved significant others to ensure adherence to the treatment plan.
5. Identify the skills needed for explaining assessment findings to the client and significant others.
6. Describe the actions the counselor should take when the client’s behavior is inconsistent with stated recovery goals.
Date Added: 2016-05-09
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.