A Novel Approach to Understanding Stress, Trauma, and Bodymind Therapies
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Advanced*This course is not approved for NBCC renewal. Please see our NBCC category of courses here.
CE Course Description
This advanced CE course offers an alternative perspective on the concept of stress, and provides a clearer understanding of the mechanisms of action of bodymind therapeutic and educational systems (BTES). The concept of the Preparatory Set (PS), defined as the unitary, largely subcortical, organization of the organism in preparation for response to environmental conditions, is also proposed.
Article Author: Mardi A. Crane-Godreau, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain what fully conscious experiences of emotional body language is mediated by.
2. Investigate what voluntary control of breathing has been demonstrated to alter.
3. Compare and contrast explicit and implicit memory.
4. Examine the behavior that can facilitate autonomic and affective balance.
5. Identify during which phase of development a disturbance may profoundly damage later affective and cognitive development.
6. Describe the behavior necessary to end the core stress response.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff here.