Support for Sexually Exploited Minors
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking of minors in the United States are frequently overlooked, misunderstood, and unaddressed domestic problems that not only are illegal activities, but also result in immediate and long-term physical, mental, and emotional harm to victims and survivors. This CEU course examines emerging strategies for preventing and identifying these crimes, for assisting and supporting victims and survivors, and for addressing exploiters and traffickers.
Article Author: Ellen Wright Clayton, JD, MD, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss recommendations to increase awareness and understanding of commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking of minors in the United States.
2. Enumerate the crimes committed against children and adolescents that are considered commercial sexual exploitation and/or sex trafficking of minors.
3. Investigate the most significant barriers to preventing, identify, and responding to commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking of minors.
4. Elucidate the elements of a trauma-informed system of care.
5. Identify the population that is often overlooked as being at risk for commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking.
6. Describe the focus of the most current prevention efforts.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.