Sexual Violence: Strengthening the Medico-Legal Response
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
Medico-legal evidence is at the intersection of medical and justice processes. This CEU course addresses key knowledge gaps within and between sectors, to help support service provision and coordination in low-resource settings.
Author: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2015). Strengthening the Medico-Legal Response to Sexual Violence. United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
Retrieved from: http://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/197498
CEU Course Objectives
1. Analyze why documenting an individual’s account of sexual violence is an important component of the medico-legal process.
2. Explain the knowledge that all of those working in the medico-legal system should possess.
3. Conclude the role of the healthcare worker during the forensic medical exam.
4. Describe what a survivor-centered approach means.
CEU Outline with Main Points
1. Facts about sexual violence
2. Coordination and cooperation
3. Key stakeholders
6. Support and protection for victims
7. Preparing to gather the story
8. Documenting the story and responses
9. Elements of the initial investigation
10. Minimum requirements for the health facility
11. Managing the health issues
12. The forensic medical examination
13. Medico-legal evidence in sexual violence
14. Forensic specimens
Date Added: 2017-09-18
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.