Screening and Assessment for Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course describes screening and assessment procedures and important considerations that might be made during and shortly after admission to an OTP, as well as assessment techniques and considerations that are important to ongoing medication assisted treatment (MAT).
Article Author: Steven Batki, M.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the factors that often predict treatment failure.
2. Enumerate recommended responses to indicators of suicidality.
3. Examine under what circumstances an exception to the 1-year addiction history requirement may be invoked.
4. Elucidate how to address negative staff attitudes about MAT.
5. Identify the riskiest stage of MAT and for which proper medical assessment requires an understanding of the pharmacology of treatment medication.
6. Describe the benefit of a team approach.