Safely Reunifying Child and Parent
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
If a child has been removed from the care of his or her parents, safe and timely reunification is the preferred permanency option for most children. This CE course provides strategies for achieving reunification and preventing reentry and includes examples of promising practices being implemented by states and localities.
Author: Supporting Successful Reunifications. (2017). Child Welfare Information Gateway. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children's Bureau.
Retrieved from: https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/supporting-successful-reunifications/
CE Course Objectives
1. Describe intensive reunification services.
2. Determine which factors make children less likely to reunify with their families and more likely to reenter care after reunification.
3. Conclude which children have greater access to services and supports.
4. Identify which service focuses on relationship enhancement as well as how parents discipline their children.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Benefits of Supporting Reunification and Preventing Reentry
2. National Statistics
3. Factors That Affect Reunification and Reentry
4. Systemwide Strategies That Support Reunification and Prevent Reentry
5. Practices That Support Reunification and Prevent Reentry
a. Casework Frameworks and Practices
b. Parent Support Systems
c. Services to Support Reunification
d. Legal System Involvement
6. State and Local Examples of Strategies That Support Reunification and Prevent Reentry
a. Mockingbird Family Model: Washington State and Other Locations
b. Fostering Relationships: Washoe Country, Nevada
c. Foster Parent Mentoring: Lafayette, Louisiana
Date Added: 2018-06-18
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.