Prevention of Child Abuse and Exploitation
$3.00 | CEU Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course: defines the nature and scope of child sexual abuse and exploitation; acknowledges the need to build on the foundation of existing research, advocacy, and treatment; discusses the value of a National Plan; encourages the development of prevention-focused policy; and describes a range of actions that includes individuals, community, and policy level strategies, to stop demand for, and to prevent, child sexual abuse and exploitation.
This material was reprinted, with permission, from the National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation’s publication entitled “National Plan to Prevent the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children” (2012 edition). This plan is available by visiting www.preventtogether.org.
Author: National Coalition to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation. (2012). National Plan to Prevent the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children (Rev. ed.).
Retrieved from: http://www.preventtogether.org/national_plan
CEU Course Objectives
1. Restate the wide number of psychological impacts that child sexual abuse can involve.
2. Consider the link between exposure to sexualized images, lyrics, fashion, role models, and other influences and how girls think of and treat their own bodies as concluded by the American Psychological Association.
3. Summarize the steps that need to be taken to end the demand for child sexual abuse and exploitation.
CEU Outline with Main Points
1. National Plan to Prevent the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children
2. The significance of a National Plan
3. How we can accomplish the goals of prevention: six action areas
b. Public awareness
c. End the demand
d. Policies and organizational practices
e. Collaborative practices
4. Actions to prevent child sexual abuse and exploitation
a. What you can do as an individual
b. What you can do in your community
c. Policy-level actions
Date Added: 2015-05-16
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.